Searching for low cost life insurance with depression? You can find low cost life insurance with depression by using our services. Contact us with the details of your situation and we will get to work.
Quick Tip: To get an idea of cost, use the INSTANT QUOTES box on this page to see rates from the leading life insurance companies. Rates are immediately displayed on the next page. Read below for additional information on how to save money on life insurance with depression.
How a life insurance company will rate you depends on a variety of factors and in how the insurer assesses you.
In many instances, the condition is very treatable with either some form of mental health therapy, medications or a combination of both.
What is Depression?
Depression is a very serious mental illness that affects 1 in 10 Americans and nearly twice as many women as men. It affects how you think, feel and act, and should not be confused with periods of sadness such as for the loss of a loved one.
Depression can occur at anytime in a person’s life.
Several factors that can play a role in the development of this condition include:
- A Person’s Biochemistry – This entails abnormal changes with 2 chemicals found in the brain known as serotonin and norepinephrine
- A Genetic Disposition to the Disease
- A Person’s Personality
- Environmental Factors – which may include perpetual exposure to violence, abuse, or poverty
- Brain tumor
- Vitamin Deficiency
Some of the primary symptoms can include:
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Changes in your appetite as either weight gain or weight loss
- Difficulty in concentration or making decisions
- Oversleeping or insomnia
- Thoughts of suicide, attempted suicide or death
How Do Life Insurance Companies Rate Depression
Depression is viewed by most life insurance companies as a pre-existing condition. The condition can impact whether you are approved for a policy since people with depression have a higher rate of mortality than those without the condition.
An underwriter will look closely at the age you were diagnosed with the condition, and the length of time which has passed since you were diagnosed, along with the overall history of the condition.
Insurers will want to know the severity of the condition and what form of medications were prescribed. Additionally, the insurer will want to know whether you have ever been hospitalized because of depression and whether there have been any suicide attempts.
Also, underwriters will want to know if you have any other mental health conditions and whether you have a previous history or are currently using alcohol or have a drug abuse problem.
Although you can very likely qualify for a policy in many, but not all instances, the insurer will likely premise the underwriting on the current state of your depression along with your lifestyle habits. Your rating will vary from case to case.
In some cases, you could be denied coverage altogether and may have to seek alternative forms of coverage such as a Graded Death Benefit or a Guaranteed Issue – No Medical Exam Policy.
Rating Factors for Depression Used By Life Insurers
The primary factors used by insurers include the following:
- Dates of initial and subsequent episodes of depression
- The specific type of depression diagnosis
- What medications are being taken for this condition
- Has the proposed insured been hospitalized for treatment of depression?
- Has the proposed insured been treated with electro shock therapy (ECT)? If so, date(s) of first and last treatments & total number of treatments.
- Has the proposed insured had (or been diagnosed with) any of the following conditions?
– Alcohol Abuse
– Drug Abuse
– Personality Disorder
– Suicidal thoughts or suicide attempts
- Do you have any other health issues or medical conditions and details
How to Find Low Cost Life Insurance With Depression
You can find low cost life insurance approval with depression simply by using an independent insurance agent at Abrams Insurance Solutions.
We have access to over 70 life insurance companies. We know which ones are the best life insurance companies and which are more lenient when it comes to issuing a policy for someone with depression and other health related conditions.
Why You Should Use Abrams Insurance Solutions
We work with an underwriting advisor who is familiar with how each life insurance company prices a policy if you have depression. We will learn the specifics of your condition. Then we will use the knowledge of our medical director to apply with the insurance company that is most likely to approve you with the lowest rate on your policy.
There is no charge for this service. Our goal is to find you the best and lowest cost life insurance policy if you have depression or any other medical condition.
Contact us at 888-905-033 with questions or concerns about finding low cost life insurance with depression. We are on your team and will save you time and money on your life insurance.